How to bake roses with sausages or salami
There is a wonderful way to make a very unusual and interesting bakery. The point is that the dough and the filling can be so various that it is possible to bake such things easily. Short crust pastry can be perfectly combined with apples and jam while yeast dough is perfect in combination with pineapples, ham or sausage. Puff pastry is suitable for any kind of filling. It is a well-known fact that tasty filling together with good dough can help to obtain a very delicious and appetizing bakery.
- Any dough or pastry
- Any kind of sausage, meat, apples, peaches, plums, or apricots that can be cut into circles or semi-circles
- Good mood
- Variant of yeast dough for this concrete recipe
- Sour cream – 3.5 oz (100 g)
- Melted butter or any other solid fat – 3.5 oz (100 g)
- Milk or water – 3.5 oz (100 g)
- Sugar – 3 tsp
- Sea salt – 1 tsp
- Flour – 18 oz (500 g)
- Fresh yeast (0.3 oz) or dry yeast (the amount of it should be considered according to the instruction on the package)
You can take any dough, for example, a yeast one as I have baked in the bread maker. To make it you should dissolve the yeast in warmed milk, add sugar and leave it for 10-15 minutes. In a separate bowl melt the butter (but don’t boil it), add salt, sour cream, the milk that remained and stir it properly. Sift the flour into a bowl and make a hole in the center. Pour the yeast into the bowl with the butter and knead the dough. Put it into the warm place for the dough to lift. In 45-60 minutes you should mix it one more time and divide into pieces.
To make rosette buns you should take a small piece of dough (about 3.5 ounces or 100 g). Roll it into a ball and then stretch it on the table. When I stretch the dough I usually give it a square shape to be easier to cut into strips.
The thickness of the dough can be absolutely various. It depends on the structure of the dough and on your wish of course. The width of the strips is about 0.8 inches (2 cm). Cut filling (I have chosen the sausage) should be put slightly further from the edge and then rolled. In the end I just bend the end of the dough underneath.
It is the most interesting process because you are able to make a miracle. This process is especially liked by kids, that is why you should definitely perform it together with them. It is really very simple to make such a rose.
Ready made pieces should be baked as usual pasties or biscuits. You should cover the baking sheet with oil or to put a parchment onto it. Also you can use silicone molds or baking trays. The most important thing is to keep the distance because in the process of baking the dough becomes about twice bigger in the size.
These buns should be baked until you see the golden crust. Bake them under the temperature of 350 F (180 C). The time depends on the size and the amount of the dough that is why you should watch it carefully. If the dough lifted only once then the second time it will lift in the form of the bun. That is why you should put the buns in a warm place for a half of an hour. After that you can bake them. I prefer to put them into an oven and wait for them to lift under 140 F (60 C). This function is really handy.
Such ready-made buns can serve as a perfect treat for your guests which have come suddenly or as a lunch for your kid. Thy will decorate any meal.
- As a kind of salty filling you can use smoked sausage, sliced ham, meat or bacon. Together with it you can add thin slices of cheese.
- As a kind of sweet filling you can use apples and other fruits sliced with the skin. The best decision is an apple filling. To be able to roll this fruit it is necessary to prepare it before baking. You should make sugar syrup (1 cup of sugar +1 cup of water + juice of one lemon). Boil this mixture until you see that the sugar is dissolved and put apple slices into it. Boil and turn off. After that you should take out the apples and dry them. Apples can be used as a filling and the syrup is suitable for stewed fruit making.
- It is very interesting to know what kind of filling you have chosen! Please, share your results!
Was this article helpful? Share with friends!