How to fry tasty flippers with oat flakes
I decided to cook something quickly – lovely flippers, usually it takes at me maximum half an hour, in addition I found the leftover of sour cream in the fridge, its shelf life was almost over and I had to use it as soon as possible.
- Sour cream – 3.5 oz (100 g)
- Eggs – 1 piece
- Flour – less than one glass
- Oat flakes, steamed with boiling water – 3 tsp
- Salt, sugar – at your taste
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda – a pinch
- Seed oil for frying
- Dry dill – 1 tsp to add a spicy flavor (optional)
Put flour, steamed oat flakes, 1 egg and baking soda into the bowl.
Then we add sour cream mixed with salt, sugar and honey.
Stir thoroughly all the ingredients together with a spoon until it is a homogeneous mass.
After we add dry dill into the flipper dough and stir everything thoroughly one more time.
All is ready to start frying the pancakes.
At first we heat the frying pan with the seed oil and start frying. Spoon out a good amount of the dough (it must be medium thick) and pour it onto the frying pan.
Fry flippers from both sides – when bottom side is brown turn a flipper over.
Everything is simple and quick, that’s all – a whole dish of flippers is ready to match the tea-drinking. Serve it with sour cream or syrup.
- I know it is a high-calorie product, but it is possible to reduce calories by putting less flour but more oat flakes. Bon appetite!
Was this article helpful? Share with friends!