How to make anti-cellulite alginate body wrap
Alginate wrap is not in vain considered to be one of the most effective means in fighting with cellulite and reducing of overweight, it is often used in non-diet programs of losing weight. In the composition of alginate there are vitamins and amino acids, which improve blood circulation, regenerate skin cells, possess moisture-retentive and anti-cellulite properties. Alginate wraps may be used for all problematic parts of the body – in area of thighs, legs, hands etc. Main indications to start these procedures are – losing skin elasticity, visible traces of cellulite, stretching on skin, flabby and dry skin.
- Water – 4.23 oz (120 g)
- Sodium alginate – 3 teaspoons
- Extract of green coffee – 1 teaspoon
- Laminaria extract – 1 teaspoon
- Vitamin A (retinol) – 10 drops
- Rosemary essential oil – 5 drops
- Orange essential oil – 5 drops
Sodium alginate is a unique component, which is appropriate for skin care of all types. Sodium alginate increases elasticity of skin, makes it smooth and flexible, removes puffiness, reinforces the impact of other active components on the skin.
We add warm water to alginate powder, stir and leave it for 1.5-2 hours.
This time is usually enough for all the blobs to disperse completely.
So not to wait it is more convenient to cover alginate with water the previous evening, and then we will get our even and homogeneous gel by the morning.
To have high-quality alginate wrap we should get rather dense gel that doesn’t flow and keeps its shape.
Start adding bioactive additives. Extracts of green coffee and laminaria have tonic and anti-cellulite effect on the skin; these are most effective of components for anti-cellulite procedures. Vitamin A (retinol) is the most important vitamin for beauty and health of your skin.
We add essential oils of orange and rosemary – other approved and well-proved ingredients in anti-cellulite fighting.
Extracts change the color of gel a little bit, but absolutely don’t change its texture – it is as dense, as it used to be, is held in a single clod, but along with this perfectly spreads over the skin.
You should prepare the skin before applying the gel – do peeling, so to remove upper dead epidermis layer. Next I advise you to massage the most problematic areas with a special anti-cellulite cream. Then you apply the very gel and after that you wrap the body into a film and wrap yourself in a warm blanket. Usually the procedure of alginate wrap lasts for 30-40 minutes and the gel is washed off with warm water.
- After the remnants of gel are washed off, you apply anti-cellulite cream to your body.
- It is advisable to take a course of alginate procedures from 8-10 times, and they should be done no more than 2 times a week.
- Alginate wraps are used not only for losing weight and anti-cellulite battle. You can improve the state of skin by burns, scars, dermatosis, and frostbites.
- Contraindications to alginate wraps are trophic ulcers, severe inflammatory skin processes in areas of applying alginate gel, allergic reactions to components used for making gel.
Was this article helpful? Share with friends!