How to make foaming facial wash from shampoo base
Shampoo base may be used not only to make a shampoo, but it may also serve as one of the ingredients in making of shower gel, tender foam for facial wash etc. It is important to choose a shampoo base with minimal number of aggressive surfactants, which may be used in recipes of baby cosmetics.
- Shampoo base “Organic” – 1.76 oz (50 g)
- Chamomile hydrosol – 1.34 oz (38 g)
- Water-soluble shea butter – 0.35 oz (10 g)
- Lavender essential oil – 0.03 oz (1 g)
- Optiphen Plus preservative – 0.03 oz (1 g)
We weigh shampoo base. It is very concentrated product, which in its pure form can dry skin and hair too much, so it should be diluted with water or hydrosol.
Add chamomile hydrosol. If it’s kept in a fridge, it should be a bit heated, as in warm hydrosol the shampoo base is dissolved far better.
We stir it so that shampoo base is completely dissolved.
Add water-soluble shea butter, which will take care of the skin during washing, will soften it and won’t dry it.
We add lavender essential oil, possessing skin soothing properties.
Surely add a foolproof preservative for the foam to be stored on a shelf in the bathroom for a long time.
Mix everything and pour into a clean, previously disinfected with alcohol bottle, it may be bottle with a dozer. The foam turns out to be very tender, soft. It washes off all the dirt from skin well, absolutely doesn’t dry skin.
- It’s advisable to avoid falling of foam from shampoo base in eyes, as it is not designed to remove eye make-up.
Was this article helpful? Share with friends!