Five Approaches to Using Oatmeal in Skin Care on Your Own
Firstly, oatmeal has antiphlogistic quality and due to this it is useful for different types of skin even for sensitive one.
Secondly, there is a cleaner (saponins) in oatmeal and therefore it is considered to be a smooth soap.
Thirdly, oatmeal is a great moisturizer that can peel off gangrenous skin cells.
Fourthly, oatmeal can be used as a remedy for pustules, weeping dermatitis, rose-drops and eruption.
Fifthly, oatmeal helps to fight against the first signs of aging skin.
Application of oatmeal in skin care is as simple as ABC. Your first step is to get some oat flour. You can make it or buy from the store. If you want to make oat flour, you should take some oat grain and grind them in a food processor, in a blender and in a mortar. The powder that is left is supposed to be used in skin and hair care.
Different ways of application of oatmeal in skin and hair care exist.
1. Face Wash with Oatmeal
Oatmeal is considered to be a perfect ingredient of a face wash due to its mild cleaning properties. Here are products that can be made of oatmeal for all types of skin even for dry and sensitive.
- The effortless oats face washing is made of 1 tablespoonful of oat flour and 2 tablespoonfuls of hot water. After using it rinse the face.
- To prepare the morning oats face washing you need to mix 2tbs of oat flour, 1 tbs of milk and2 tbs of honey. It can be applied to face and neck, left for a few minutes and rinsed.
- If you want to get the “improved’ oats face washing, you should mix 3 tbs of oat flour, 2 tbs of warm water and rice flour. You may add 1 tbs of glycerin and aloe vera if desired. The application is the same as the using of the morning oats face washing.
2. Oat milk
Oat milk is considered to be an alternative of cow milk for vegans. It is sold in many large stores but it can be prepared on your own without efforts – you need only to soak oats in water. You can you apply it as a face toner applied with a cotton disc after a face wash and as a cleanser. Oat milk helps to make your skin delicate, refreshing and healthy-looking. Don’t forget to keep the bottle with the milk in a refrigerator or you may freeze this substance into ice cubes. So you need to mix one cup of ground oats, one liter of water and three tbs of carrier oil in blender avoiding large pieces of oat.
3. Oatmeal Scrubs
One of ingredients of face and body scrubs that help to smooth the skin can be oat flour. You can prepare one of the scrubs hands-down.
If you want to have mild scrub for face, you need to combine oatmeal flour and carrier oil (olive oil) in 1:1 ratio. After using it wash the face and use oat milk as a toner.
In order to get oatmeal scrub for body, you should mix sugar, olive and carrier oil in 1:1:1 ratio. This scrub can be used instead of soap and then should be washed off. You’d better use some moisturizer after application of the oatmeal scrub.
4. Oats can be used as a dry shampoo
Ground oats is considered to be a perfect dry shampoo for blonde hair. You can rub it over the skin of head and then comb your hair.
5. Bath with oat sharps
You need to put half a cup of oat groans in a small piece of fabric and tie it up to get a bag. This bag should be doused in a bath or a foot bath and pressed in order to get the oatmeal milk. It can serve as soap for body and face. It will have cleaning and scrubbing effect.
- Likes received:Amount of "likes" is based on popularity of author´s articles and reviews in social networks. The more "likes" your publications get, the higher the total number of your "likes".
- Reviews count: 0
- Comments count: 0
- Articles count: 2