How to make honey shampoo for all hair types
For centuries honey is famous for its medicinal properties. It is widely used in cosmetic, medical, cooking recipes. Very often honey is contained in hair care cosmetic agents. It stimulates growth of hair, moisturizes and nourishes them, gives volume to haircut and removes split ends.
- Lime-tree hydrosol – 1.59 oz (45 g)
- Shampoo base “Organic” – 0.88 oz (25 g)
- Surfactants cocoa – 0.18 oz (5 g)
- Water soluble shea butter – 0.18 oz (5 g)
- Honey – 0.18 oz (5 g)
- Cetyl alcohol – 0.14 oz (4 g)
- Lime-tree extract – 0.14 oz (4 g)
- Water soluble sulfur – 0.14 oz (4 g)
- Lactic acid – 0.03 oz (1 g)
- Optiphen plus preservative – 0.03 oz (1 g)
- Allantoin – 0.01 oz (0.5 g)
- Essential oil of orange – 10 drops or 0.01 oz (0.5 g)
We slightly heat up lime-tree hydrosol, dissolve water soluble sulfur and allantoin in it. Sulfur strengthens hair, stimulates its growth, and helps to get rid of dandruff. Allantoin softens and moisturizes skin, promotes detachment of dead cells of epidermis. Stimulating tissue regeneration allantoin allows the skin to assimilate active components from shampoos and balsams.
We add surfactants cocoa to the hydrosol. Surfactants cocoa not only possesses gentle cleansing properties, it also decreases aggressive influence of other surfactants contained in shampoo on skin and hair, diminishes water hardness, make easier to comb hair and removes their electrification.
Pour shampoo base into hydrosol, mix everything thoroughly.
We warm up shea butter on a water bath, dissolve cetyl alcohol in it. Shea butter nourishes hair and scalp, and cetyl alcohol gives additional tenderness and softness of shampoo consistence. It makes shampoo more dense.
We pour cetyl alcohol dissolved in butter in hydrosol, mix (you can use mini mixer) till you get a homogeneous mixture.
We add lime-tree extract, moisturizing and nourishing hair and head skin.
Add lactic acid.
We pour off a little amount of shampoo, add honey, mix everything thoroughly and pour it back into the main shampoo mixture.
After all the others we add essential oil of orange that gives shine to hair and the preservative.
Lime-tree extract gives the shampoo its slightly cream tint. So to brighten the shampoo a little bit, you may add several drops of Achiote extract.
We pour the shampoo in pre-disinfected bottle. The shampoo, watery after being made, becomes rather thick (of “shop” consistence) in 1-2 days.
Shampoo with honey cleans hair softly, but thoroughly, not over drying head skin by that. After using it hair get volume, become easy-combed, shiny. Constantly using honey shampoo excessive greasiness of hair reduces, the gap between washing head becomes longer.
- Unfortunately, honey cosmetics doesn’t suit everybody, some people may be allergic to honey. So before using honey shampoo it is obligatory that you have a test on your personal sensitivity.
Was this article helpful? Share with friends!