How to make after shave lotion-tonic
Lotion or after shaving cream – is an indispensable component of man’s variant of face skin care. A lot like how quickly the skin is able to recover from touch of a razor and whether there will or won’t be skin redness and irritations depends on right chosen and high-quality after shaving agent. Lotion-tonic which contains well-approved and well shown potassium alum, allantoin and menthol allows bringing to an end shaving procedure and avoid any troubles like irritations.
- Hydrosol of mint – 3.20 oz (91 g)
- Oak bark extract – 0.10 oz (3 g)
- Water soluble castor oil – 0.07 oz (2 g)
- Potassium alum – 0.07 oz (2 g)
- Allantoin – 0.03 oz (1 g)
- Crystal menthol – 0.01 oz (0.5 g)
- Phenonip preservative – 0.01 oz (0.5 g)
- Essential oil of cedar – 3 drops
We grind potassium alum in a mortar. If there is no mortar you may use a powerful coffee grinder.
We heat up hydrosol of mint on water bath, add alum and mix them up till their full dissolution. Potassium alum have strong astringent and germicidal properties, they narrow pores, instantly stop little bleedings of skin cuts while shaving.
We add allantoin. Allantoin softens stratum corneum, provides regeneration of the skin, tightens pores, and removes inflammation.
We heat up water soluble castor oil on the water bath, dissolve menthol crystals in it. Menthol soothes and cools the skin, reduces activity of sebaceous glands.
There we also add a few drops of cedar essential oil, which will give men fragrance to the lotion.
We pour water soluble castor oil with menthol into mint hydrosole, we mix everything up.
Add oak bark extract, which will make anti-inflammatory properties of after shaving lotion stronger.
The last component we add is the preservative.
We pour the ready lotion-tonic into bottle with sprayer or dozer.
Smeared after shaving, the lotion gently refreshes and cools the skin, removes irritations and redness, relieves pain and bleeding of cuts.
- Having very sensitive face skin you may half reduce the consistence of menthol in tonic and make it on lavender hydrosole by adding essential oil of lavender.
Was this article helpful? Share with friends!