Frankincense essential oil (Boswellia Carterii)
Essential oil of frankincense is obtained from the extract and steam distillation of crude pitch of a tree called Boswellia Carterii. Essential oil from frankincense turns out dense, viscous, colourless or with a subtle yellowish shade, with low, lingering, wood and balsam aroma.
Incense may also be used since during the ancient times, this oil was appreciated by people and used for ritual actions, for treatment and rejuvenation of the body.
– eliminates dream problems
– it is used at treatment of rhinitises, nose bleeding
– possesses bactericidal, anti-inflammatory properties
– possesses anti convulsive action
– stimulates a lymphatic drainage
– easy diuretic action
– favorably influences the urogenital sphere
– stimulates a metabolism, synthesis of sexual hormones.
Develops goodwill and tolerance to people; eliminates fears, uneasiness, dream violations, nightmares. Possesses antipsychotic, anti-depressive action.
– increases elasticity of skin
– makes tightening influence
– rejuvenates withering, flabby skin
– smoothes already available wrinkles
– stimulates cell regeneration and collagen synthesis
– improves complexion, gives it uniformity
– effective for neurohumoral rash
– eliminates dandruff and a hair loss
– adds to hair shine, elasticity
– strengthens nails.
When applied to production
– rejuvenating creams, serums
– cosmetics for fat skin
– shampoos, balms.
Possesses strong fixing properties, it is widely used in the perfumery industry. Aroma may be used for meditation.
Recommended dosages of use
– hot inhalations 1 drop (3-5 minutes)
– cold inhalations 1 drop (1-2 minutes)
– bathtubs of 3-5 drops
– rinsings 1 drop mixed with emulsifier (honey, soda, salt) on 200 g of warm water
– massage of 3-5 drops on 10 g of basic oil
– enrichment of cosmetics of 1-3 drops on 5 g of a basis.
Precautionary measures and contraindications
When placing on skin, it can cause feeling of heat, tightening, a pricking within several minutes. Before the use of essential oil of an incense it is necessary to carry out test on individual sensitivity.
Doesn’t possess phototoxicity
Recommendations not to apply essential oil of an incense to anyone who is pregnant.
It is necessary to store essential oil in densely closed capacity in places protected from sunshine. In a tight bottle it can be stored till 5 years. At long storage can get denser.
Not roles, cinnamon, rose, sandal-wood tree, orange, grapefruit, lemon, cypress, lavender, verbena, myrrh, pepper black, juniper, rosemary, pink tree, eucalyptus and sage.
- Likes received:Amount of "likes" is based on popularity of author´s articles and reviews in social networks. The more "likes" your publications get, the higher the total number of your "likes".
- Reviews count: 15
- Comments count: 2
- Articles count: 185