How to make a moisturizing balm-conditioner for hair
Skin requires a regular moistening as a hair. Using shampoo or hair balm with active moisturizing components can rapidly get rid of dry hair. It adds shine, and hair can look healthier, easy to comb and style, and can also develop the condition of the scalp.
- Hydrosol of lime tree – 2.79 oz (79 g.)
- Coconut oil – 0.18 oz (5 g.)
- Emulsifier BTMS – 0.14 oz (4 g.)
- Cetyl alcohol – 0.11 oz (3 g.)
- Betaine – 0.11 oz (3 g.)
- D-panthenol – 0.11 oz (3 g.)
- Allantoin – 0.02 oz (0.5 g.)
- Lactic acid – 0.03 oz (1 g.)
- Preservative Optihen plus – 0.03 oz (1 g.)
- Cosmetic perfume or essential oil – 0.02 oz (0.5 g)
- Put coconut oil, emulsifier BTMS, and cetyl alcohol in a water bath. At a time, heat the hydrosol in a separated container.
- Prepare an active phase. Dissolve Allantoin in a small amount of hydrosol, then add Betaine, D-panthenol, and preservative Optihen plus to the mixture.
- Mix melted oil phase and hydrosol. Stir by means of mini mixer until the homogeneous emulsion condition.
- Put the pre-dissolved actives in the cold balm and stir again. Then add lactic acid to reduce PH level.
- Last of all add your favorite cosmetic perfume or essential oil which is benefit for hair, for example Bey, rosemary or sage essential oils.
The balm turn out liquid right after the cooking, so it is easy to pour it in a jar with a wide neck. But its final consistency will be seen a day after.
Although the balm turned out quite thick, it can easily be distributed to wet hair and as well, easily be rinsed. Apply balm after washing hair with shampoo, it will make your hair flat, smooth and shiny. Your hair will be easy to style and comb. It will also help your hair to avoid so unpleasant electrified condition.
- If you have dry hair and scalp, apply balm along the full length of hair, including in the part of the roots.
- If you have normal or oily hair and scalp, try to avoid applying of balm to the scalp.
- Detailed process with photos about making hair balm can be seen in the procedure of making balm with mustard oil.
Was this article helpful? Share with friends!