How to cook Ukrainian borsch with meat broth
On this particular day I will demonstrate to you how to prepare Ukrainian Borsch with meat broth.
- Pork ribs
- Beets – 2 pieces
- Carrot – 1 piece
- 1 head of garlic
- Green onions
- Salt, pepper, bay leaf
- Put the ribs in a saucepan and fill with water. Bring the ribs to boil until they are ready. Add a pinch of salt to the boiling water. However, you can add extra salt later on to enhance the taste.
While the ribs are boiling, chop the carrots as well as the beets in readiness for frying. Wash the potatoes and slice them into small cubes. Keep them in a bowl containing water.
Blend the vegetables and then spread them in the frying pan. Keep turning the vegetables in the frying pan. Remove from fire as soon as the vegetables have turned brown in color.
Cut the green onions into small pieces and mix them with the garlic. Mix them together and place in a side dish.
- Cut the cabbage into small pieces and place them in a different bowl.
- Add the fried vegetables to the cabbage and then add a pinch of salt and pepper to enhance the taste.
- As is the case with other types of vegetables, the preparation process ought not to take more than 15 minutes. Thereafter, add garlic to the mixture. However, in order to guarantee that the juices from the garlic will mix well with the vegetables, cut them into small pieces. Also include the green onions into the mixture. Allow the mixture to cook for another two minutes before removing from the heat. Even though you may be concerned that the beet has not cooked properly, do not worry about it, because beet will be cooked for a while even after removing from heat, so you’ll get it properly done at the end.
- In this particular recipe, tomatoes have not been used. If you want to get red colored borsch, you may just put a one beet more and lesser the amount of cabbage.
- Serve the soup with sour cream, mayonnaise. Everyone enjoy your meal.
Was this article helpful? Share with friends!