How to prepare a salmon casserole with potatoes
This recipe will make you a culinary specialist. The dish prepares quickly and without any effort at all.
- Salmon – 14 oz. (400 g.)
- Potato – 3.5 pounds (1.5 kg.)
- Onions – 1 piece
- Cream or milk – 3 oz. (100 ml.)
- Butter – 3.5 oz. (100 g.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cut potato into cubes and cook it.
Add salt and black ground pepper, cream, melted butter and onions fried in advance to a slightly golden condition.
Prepare mashed potatoes.
You may boil salmon in salt water and separate it from its bones if you have a whole fish. In case you bought a stake you may fry it to get a crust.
Take a ceramic form for roasting, place oil on it.
Spread on a bottom of the form half of the prepared mash and make sure that the layer will look even.
From the top, spread your semi-ready salmon, add salt and black ground pepper.
Over the salmon, spread the remained mash so that it completely covers the layer of fish.
If you love a golden crust, it is necessary to grease from above the casserole with butter. Warm an oven to 350 F (180 C) degrees and place the casserole for 30-40 minutes.
Here is a tasty baked casserole. It is an excellent alternative to the usual puree. With marinaded cucumber this dish will be more delicious. Bon appetit!
- To prevent the casserole from collapsing, mashed potatoes have to be semi-solid. From the baking dish remove the pie with the use of a spatula very gently.
- Such baked casserole can be prepared and with other ingredients – fried mushrooms or boiled chicken for example – everything depends on a variety of products in your refrigerator.
Was this article helpful? Share with friends!