How to prepare onion pie
There are several recipes in baking onion and this is one of the simplest.
- Flour – 1 glass
- Sour cream – 3 tbsp in dough + 6-7 oz. (180-200 g.) for filling
- Margarine – 5 oz. (140 g.)
- Salt – a half tsp
- Baking soda – on a teaspoon tip
- Eggs – 3 pieces
- Onions – 4-5 big bulbs
- Sunflower oil – for roasting onions
- Cheese – 2 oz. (50 g.)
Peel the onions, cut into cubes and cook in a frying pan. Fry onions until these are golden in color.
While you are preparing onion, prepare the dough as well. For this purpose mix a flour with the softened margarine. Carefully mix everything. The white flour has to turn into a yellowish crumb.
Add salt and soda.
Spread the dough with sour cream. We knead dough. At first it is possible to use a spoon, and then you may knead with your hands. Dough must be kneaded quickly, you have only several minutes.
Spread dough evenly to prepare for baking. At the edges form sides. Then spread the onions on top.
Create the filling. For this the egg must be mixed with sour cream and it is beaten very well.
After beating the egg very will, place this in the onion mixture.
From the top of the pie place the grated cheese.
Bake in an oven at 400 F (200 C) degrees for about 40 minutes.
- Do not overuse baking soda. It the minimum only the tip of the spoon is necessary. The amount will differ depending on the ingredients of the onion pie.
- To diversify the onion pie, you may add fried mushrooms to onions.
Was this article helpful? Share with friends!