How to prepare oat cookies with honey
Tasty oat cookies can easily be prepared at home. This is perfect since you will always know how it is prepared. And secondly, you may bake cookies that are according to your mood – today with prunes, tomorrow with nuts, next week – with apples.
- Sugar – a half-cup
- Flour – 1 cup
- Oat flakes – 1 cup
- Butter – 3.5 oz. (100 g.)
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Egg – 1 piece
- Sour cream – 3 tbsp
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Nuts, dried fruits, fresh, tinned fruit – at will
- Sunflower oil – 1 tbsp
Grind butter with sugar.
Add the egg and then mix everything.
Put two spoonfuls of honey. If a honey is too tough, warm it a bit.
Add sour cream and then add the baking soda.
Oat flakes must be milled in a blender. If you’ll make a larger pieces of flakes in blender, your cookies will become rough and hard, choose at your taste.
Add the oat flakes in the dough. Mix these thoroughly. Allow this to stand for a few minutes so that the flakes will absorb more liquid. Again mix the ingredients very well.
Flour must be added in small portions, each time you add flour you must mix the ingredients thoroughly.
Dough must turn out dense, but not tight.
Now place small portions of the cookie dough on a baking sheet previously laid with parchment which is greased with an oil.
You may decorate cookies using a dried apricots.
Or you may place prunes.
Place the baking pan in an oven for 20-25 minutes. Temperature mus be about 380 F (190 C) degrees.
- It is possible to add to oat cookies anything you wish; you may add nuts and even carrots. Thus it is also possible to add crushed fruit, nuts or vegetables directly in dough.
- When you overdo oat cookies in an oven, it will be baked and becomes firmer, especially from underneath the cookie.
- Such cookies will not harden even if you leave it for 1-2 days on a table.
Was this article helpful? Share with friends!