What is an air ionizer for?
An air ionizer is an appliance that can purify air inside a room through electrically charging the particles of air molecules. Air ionizers use ions that can efficiently remove harmful microscopic particles in the air which are often the cause of allergies, respiratory illnesses and infections and may also be the cause of skin breakouts.
- People who have asthma, reduced immunity and other respiratory illnesses can benefit from air ionizers because there are fewer allergy causing particles that are suspended in the air.
- Air ionizers rely on the chemical properties of different particles; it can be negatively or positively charged. Most air ionizes that are stand alone or table top air ionizers create negative ions to reduce harmful ions that are positively charged like dust, bacteria, pollen, smoke and many other small particles that can cause allergies. When positive ions meet negative ions they bond and turn into dirt particles that are too heavy to float around; these fall to the floor or any surface of the room to be cleaned through vacuuming, sweeping and even through ordinary wiping with cloth.
- Aside from allergy and disease-causing particles that float in the air, air ionizer may also reduce foul odors and fumes inside the home. This feature can be perfect for small homes, apartment units and condominium units.
- Compared to electrically driven air purifiers, air ionizers do not emit any noise; it does not even have filters that you need to change regularly.
- Some efficient air ionizer may also be equipped with screens that can effectively catch bonded particles as they fall so you won’t have to clean right away.
- You may never need to worry about parts replacement either since there are no moving parts or filters to change.
- Air ionizers also save you on medical bills since they are efficient in removing harmful particles in the air.
It was helpful? Share with friends!