What is a water ionizer for?
There are so many positive effects of using ionized water; many believe that it can help reduce premature aging, prevent illnesses and even reduce infections and diseases. Ionized water may also contain antioxidants that can reduce the effects of harmful free radicals in the body as well. A water ionizer is a kitchen appliance that can ionize water at home.
- A method called electrolysis separates water into parts: the alkaline part and the acid part. Drinking water or tap water usually has large amounts of magnesium and calcium ions which are exploited by passing an electric charge created by electrolysis.
- After the water is ionized, it turns into sodium hypochlorite which is one of the main components of bleach, a household and industrial cleaner capable of removing tough dirt and grime. Sodium hypochlorite is a chemical that has been used in many industries too as an effective cleaning and disinfecting agent.
- Water ionizers are very expensive household appliances which may not be worth it when you think of the initial cost. Water that has been ionized must be consumed right away and if it is allowed to sit awhile may not have any effect on a person’s health at all.
- Maintaining the water ionizer’s ability to ionize water needs expert help, this is to make sure that water contains suitable amounts of nutrients to create a positive effect when consumed.
- Water ionizer’s are expensive and a way to still get ionized water without spending too much is to buy bottled ionized water from local drugstores and supermarkets.
- The positive effects of drinking ionized water are still being debated by scientists and experts all around the world. Currently, there is no data to back claims of positive effects on health and wellness of ionized water.
Was this article helpful? Share with friends!