How to make shampoo to improve scalp condition
Any kind of scalp condition affects the overall appearance of hair. The use of styling products, improper shampoo use, an unhealthy diet and many other reasons may lead to dry or excessively oily scalp, dullness and loss of hair and even dandruff. Shampoo which has light and safe SAA and laurel oil in its structure will help normalize the condition of the scalp and prevent the occurrence of dandruff. It will also make hair cleaner and look healthier.
- Hydrosol chamomile – 1.83 oz. (52 g.)
- Shampoo base (organic) – 1.05 oz. (30 g.)
- Glycerol – 0.1 oz. (3 g.)
- Laurel oil – 0.1 oz. (3 g.)
- Neem oil – 0.07 oz. (2 g.)
- Castor oil (soluble) – 0.07 oz. (2 g.)
- Cetyl alcohol – 0.07 oz. (2 g.)
- Blackberry extracts – 0.12 oz. (3.5 g.)
- Lactic acid – 0.03 oz. (1 g.)
- Phenoxyethanol – 0.003 oz. (0.08 g.)
- Essential oil of cedar – 15 drops
Prepare and weigh hydrosol, glycerin and lactic acid. Place these in a water bath to warm.
At the same time place an oils and cetyl alcohol in another container in a water bath too.
Once the granules of cetyl alcohol are dissolved, pour an oil phase in an aqueous phase.
Use a mini mixer to stir everything into a smooth emulsion.
As the emulsion cools, add shampoo base (organic) and mix very well.
When the emulsion cools down to 95-105 F (35-40 C) degrees, add the blackberry extract.
Add the preservative to the emulsion.
Add laurel oil, it will give your shampoo a green color. You can add also a pearl mica to make the shampoo more visually appealing.
Add the essential oil of cedar to the mix. It has exceptional properties that revitalizes scalp but will also mask the smell of neem oil.
Pour your shampoo into clean bottles.
This pale green shampoo will gently clean hair, normalize scalp and prevents dandruff.
- Regularly using this shampoo will get rid of dryness of the scalp, itching and dandruff.
- People with oily scalp will enjoy reduced greasiness and will increase the interval to wash their hair.
- In normal scalp conditions, this shampoo may be used without further application of balm or conditioner.
Was this article helpful? Share with friends!