How to make dough for sculpting at home
Playing with clay will contribute to a more rapid and harmonious development of your child. You can either buy clay for sculpting from the store or you can make dough for sculpting at home. The process of making this type of dough is very simple.
- Salt – 1 cup
- Boiled water – 1 cup
- Flour – 1.5 cup
- Starch – 3-4 tbsp
- Citric acid – 1 tbsp
- Sunflower oil – 0.7 oz. (20 ml.)
- Ready all the materials you need to make dough. All you may need to use may be available on hand at home.
Place salt in a mixing bowl. It is recommended that you use salt with the smallest granule and with the whitest color since this kind dissolves easily in water.
Pour boiled water on the salt. The salt should casino slots be completely dissolved. You can allow this solution to stand for a while and afterwards stir.
- Add the citric acid. And also stir this well until it is completely dissolved.
Add the flour in small portions; stir this solution constantly to achieve a smooth consistency.
After stirring, the dough will have a consistency similar to dough for pie. It will stick to your hands and will drip from a spoon when placed upside down.
To make the dough more elastic, add a few drops of oil.
- Add a few amounts of starch. It will make your dough smooth and velvety to the touch. Don”t forget to mix well.
Thoroughly knead your dough for at least 10 more minutes.
You know when the dough is ready when it is not sticky anymore. There are no leftover particles when you touch it. The dough must easily break off. When you try to pull, it must break off, not pull. If you have achieved this consistency then you can now make models using your dough!
That”s it. Now you can start modeling.
- Don’t worry about your baby placing a piece of dough in his mouth since this homemade dough is completely non toxic and harmless. The dough will be very salty and your child will less likely eat it.
- Your clay will eventually harden when you leave it in a few hours. Place it in storage after you use it; place it in a tightly covered container.
Was this article helpful? Share with friends!