How to make crushed loofah soap
You have already learned how to make soap with loofah which has excellent cleaning and skin massaging features. However this soap is not for everyone, crushed loofah soap is not recommended for people with very sensitive skin. This type of soap can be an alternative to uncomfortable washcloths because shredded loofah soap is less rigid than ordinary face towels.
- Transparent soap base – 3.2 oz. (100 g.)
- Any base oil (recommended macadamia or peach seed) – 1 tsp
- Essential oil of fir tree – 5 drops
- Essential oil of orange – 5 drops
- Green and yellow cosmetic dyes
Grind dry loofah into small pieces with scissors. Place it in a soap mold.
Melt the soap base using “water bath”. Water bath method is the following: pour a water in a big pot and place a smaller bowl with soap base inside of big pot. Melt soap base on low heat.
- Add the oil of peach kernels, a few drops of green dye and essential oil of fir tree in the soap base.
Pour soap base in the mold with loofah.
While the first layer cools in the mold, melt soap base using water bath for the second layer. Input the macadamia oil, orange dye and essential oil of orange in the melted soap base.
Scratch the first layer of soap with a knife. It is necessary to get stronger link between layers.
Sprinkle surface of the soap with the raw spirit.
Pour the last layer – orange soap base.
Air bubbles can appear on the soap surface, remove it by sprinkling raw spirit.
Took cold soap out of molds. Two-colored snowflakes have a Christmass fur-tree-orange flavor and the loofah in soap looks like fir needles. Outcomes will please you for sure, soap is wintry and very festive.
The grinded loofah can be added to any form of soap. Soap looks more attractive and interesting with it.
- Don’t use soap with Loofah if you have skin problems like acne, boils, skin diseases, etc.
- Easiest way to grind the loofah is by using ordinary scissors on dry loofah.
- Grinded loofah can possibly float in a hot soap base. Simplest solution is to add more loofah to get the soap with a uniformly distributed loofah in it.
Was this article helpful? Share with friends!