How to make a refreshing shampoo with menthol
Using menthol shampoo is a great way to solve several hair and scalp problems. It will help to reduce greasiness of hair and scalp, regulates the scalp’s sebaceous glands and will help to keep hair stay clean for long intervals in between washes. Menthol shampoo will provide a feeling of freshness and coolness to your hair and scalp in the summer.
- Mint hydrosol - 1.9 oz. (54 g.)
- Shampoo base (organic) - 1.06 oz. (30 g.)
- Macadamia oil (soluble) - 0.11 oz. (3 g.)
- Menthol crystal - 0.11 oz. (3 g.)
- D-panthenol - 0.07 oz. (2 g.)
- Peptides of cotton protein - 0.07 oz. (2 g.)
- Blackberry extract - 0.11 oz. (3 g.)
- Phenoxyethanol - 0.2 oz. (0.8 g.)
- Xanthan gum - 0.1 oz. (0.5 g.)
- Peppermint essential oil - 0.1 oz. (0.5 g.)
- Raspberry ketone (10%) - 4 drops
Warm up the mint hydrosol a bit using the method of water bath.
Place the water soluble macadamia oil and menthol crystals together and warm it up using the method of water bath.
Take a little of mint hydrosol and dissolve d- panthenol, peptides, phenoxyethanol and blackberry extract in it.
Place shampoo base in the warm hydrosol. Stir carefully to avoid forming the foam.
Now add the menthol dissolved in oil.
Add the premixed ingredients as well.
The last thing to add to the batch is the essential oil of peppermint.
Now add the raspberry ketone.
Thicken the shampoo by adding xanthan gum.
Your shampoo is ready. It will provide a bright mint flavor and abundant foam. It will make your scalp very refreshed as well hair bright and clean.
- You may also make beautiful pearl shine shampoo by adding a bit of mica.
- Remember to shake the shampoo bottle first before using.
It was helpful? Share with friends!