How to make a cosmetic powder for feet
Healthy and beautiful legs and feet need daily personal care, regular pedicure and the use of special cosmetics that are intended for foot care. If you don’t have any foot problems you may just use night nourishing cream for your feet. If you suffer from hyperhidrosis you can use cosmetic powder for your feet instead. Cosmetic foot powder prevents the growth of bacteria and fungus; it also eliminates excessive sweating and odor.
- Talcum powder – 2.57 oz. (73 g.)
- Zinc oxide – 0.17 oz. (5 g.)
- Cornstarch – 0.7 oz. (20 g.)
- Salicylic acid – 0.03 oz. (1 g.)
- Essential oil of tea tree – 0.02 oz. (0.5 g.)
- Essential oil of mint – 0.02 oz. (0.5 g.)
Weigh talc, zinc oxide, starch and salicylic acid before mixing them together.
Place all of these ingredients in a large bowl. Mix them all together to form a smooth powder.
Pour the essential oil in a container first so you can evenly distribute this throughout the powdered ingredients.
Turn the container over and wet the walls of the container will oil.
Place the powdered ingredients in the container.
Mix everything well.
The finished foot powder is soft and smooth to the touch. If you knock a jar full of foot powder from the table, powder will evenly settle without forming lumps.
The essential oils you used are very volatile so store the foot powder in a tightly closed container.
- Foot powder must be applied in the morning to freshly washed and dried feet. It must be evenly distributed and must never leave a trace of white in any area of the feet. Skin on your feet will become smooth and soft after application.
- Salicylic acid has natural antibacterial, astringent and disinfectant properties.
- Zinc oxide reduces excessive perspiration and dries the skin of the feet.
- Bad foot odors are easily removed by essential oils of tea tee and peppermint.
- Because this foot powder contains salicylic acid, it is important to use it for only 3-4 weeks then afterwards use a refreshing powder-talc.
Was this article helpful? Share with friends!