How to cook roast pork with pumpkin
Diversify any dish by adding pumpkin. When pumpkin is added to hot food it will give a distinct sweet taste. The pumpkin pulp when added to your recipes makes meat dishes juicier and tastier.
- Pork – 1 pound (450-550 grams)
- Pumpkin – 1 pound (400-500 grams)
- Potatoes – 1.3 pounds (600 grams)
- Carrots – 2 pieces
- Onions – 2 pieces
- Salt and spices to taste
- Sunflower oil – 0.2 pints (100 ml)
Choose the part of the pork for this dish; you may use the hip part, shoulder or the whole ham which is more tender and tastier than any other part). Wash meat, then dry out and cut into small pieces. Pour 1.5 oz of a sunflower oil into a pan and fry the pork for 3 to 5 minutes.
Peel the onions and cut into half rings; brown a little in a pan with a few sunflower oil.
Clean and peel the carrots, cut into small cubes. Fry them in a pan until golden brown in color.
Peel potatoes and cut into small pieces, the size must be convenient enough to eat. Put sliced potatoes in a pan full of water and bring to boil. Add salt when water begins to boil and cook potatoes until a half readiness.
Peel the pumpkin to get rid of seeds and rind. Slice the pumpkin into cubes.
- Place all the ingredients in a baking dish and add spices to taste. Do not overdo the spices since you have already salted the potatoes when you boiled it. Pour a little sunflower oil on top of the dish before placing it in a 350 F (180 C) degree oven for 40 to 50 minutes.
Your roast pumpkin will be ready in no time at all!
- You may use frozen pumpkin pulp for this meat dish. You don’t have to pre thaw this ingredient, just slice it into a small cubes before use.
- If you have available pumpkin seeds be sure to use them. You can just chop the frozen peeled seeds and add them into stews. This will make a meaty recipe into a hearty nutty flavored dish.
Was this article helpful? Share with friends!