How to cook pumpkin pudding with prunes
This recipe is ideal for those who cannot pass a day without eating sweet foods but all the while feeling guilty about this weakness. This pumpkin pudding is very easy to digest and absorbed by the body. There is not a single gram of sugar in this recipe but the flavour tastes really sweet. As it turns though, the sweet pulp of the pumpkin and prunes provides the sweetness that is typical in this dish. This casserole may be an excellent breakfast, dessert after lunch or after a dinner. You can replace snacks over the day with the rolls of pumpkin pudding.
- Pumpkin – 1.3-1.5 pounds (600-700 g.)
- Low fat yogurt – 5.3 oz. (150 g.)
- Eggs – 3 pieces
- Semolina – 3-4 tbsp
- Bread crumbs – 1 tbsp
- Vegetable oil – 0.04 pints (20 ml.)
- Prunes – 6-7 pieces
- If you want to get a sweet pudding then use a sweet pumpkin. Use a cup of lowfat yogurt.
Peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds and grate the pumpkin using a coarse grater or grind in blender.
Place the grated or blended pumpkin in a large bowl, add the eggs and stir completely.
Pour the yogurt in the mixture and again stir the mixture completely.
Add semolina in small amounts and stir while adding this ingredient. Leave the mixture for 2-3 minutes to allow the semolina to swell.
During this time, chop the prunes into small pieces. Place the rest of the grated pumpkin into the mixture.
Grease the baking dish with sunflower oil, do not forget to grease the sides of the baking dish as well.
As you place the pumpkin mixture in the baking pan, tap the sides of the pan to evenly distribute the mixture. Strew the top with breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oven to 350 F (180 C) degrees and bake the pudding for 35-40 minutes.
Remove the pudding from the oven when ready and allow it to cool down for about 10 minutes. Use a wooden spatula to separate the casserole dish from the pan. Now you can enjoy your very own pumpkin pudding!
- You may cook pumpkin pudding with any kind of dried fruit. You may use prunes, raisins or dried apricots. If you are a fan of sugary desserts you may add bananas to the recipe.
Was this article helpful? Share with friends!