How to bake apple pie in multi cooker (slow cooker)
Charlotte is a very simple and delicious sort of traditional apple pie. This recipe is for multi cooker or slow cooker, usually it’s the same tech.
- Eggs – 2 pieces
- Sugar – 5.5 oz. (160 g.)
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Apple – 1 piece
- Sour cream – 4 oz. (120 g.)
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Coconut oil – 1 tsp
- Food flavoring (optional)
Prepare all the ingredients that you will need.
Melt the butter in a bowl, add sugar and grind the mass by clean hands till homogeneous condition. You may add food flavoring if you want.
The mixture should be completely mixed to homogeneous condition without lumps before adding other ingredients.
Add the eggs.
Knead the mass thoroughly by beating the sugar-egg mixture.
You may mix this thoroughly with the use of an automatic mixer or by regular fork.
When the mixture turns white, add the sour cream.
Thoroughly mix the sour cream and egg-sugar mixture before adding the flour.
Continue to mix the flour into the sour cream mixture; make sure that there are no lumps.The dough must have the consistency of thick cream.
Peel the apple.
And cut into small wedges.
Pour about 1/4 of the mixture into the multi cooker. Then lay the part of an apple slices on the top of the mixture.
After placing the apples, place a small amount of mixture again.
Then repeat previous step as long as you have mixture and apples.
- Turn on the multi cooker in mode “baking” for 60 minutes.
Your Charlotte will look slightly cooked in 60 minutes, as on the picture.
Invert the cake and put it back in the multi cooker.
Turn on milti cooker in mode “baking” for more 35 minutes. Take out an apple pie from the multi cooker and lay it flat on a plate covered with paper towel.
Charlotte pie is ready now, bon appetit!
- Coconut oil is optional in this recipe, but pie become more tender with it.
- I peel and slice the apples when the mixture is ready to avoid darkening.
- You may manage a sourness of the pie by choosing a proper sort of apples, there are sweet and sour kinds on sale.
- This recipe proportions are based on a multi cooker with 5 pints (2.5 liters) bowl.
Was this article helpful? Share with friends!